Thursday 11 April 2013

Motivation

Mo-ti-va-tion
Noun
The act or an instance of motivating, or providing with a reason to act in a certain way.

People have been asking me a lot lately, "What's YOUR motivation?" What made me decided to do this? What's keeping me going through the cravings and pain? I'll tell you.

My number one motivation ... These two.


My children. Lily, 2; Lucas 7 weeks.

Every look, every smile, every laugh, every tantrum motivates me. It makes me realize what an amazing gift I've been given. Two beautiful, healthy children that need ME. They need ME to survive, to strive, to learn, and to grow. If I'm not taking care of myself, I can't help them do those things. They need me healthy, and they need me (relatively) fit. What happens when they want to play a game of tag? I won't be joining in. Right now, I can't run to save my life. What happens when they're in school and being teased because they have a "Fat Mom"? I need to do this for THEM.

Another motivation ...

Right now with my health, I am basically a walking heart attack. The chances of me getting Diabetes as well is very strong. I don't want that. I want to live. There are so many things in this life that I haven't done, or haven't seen. People I haven't been able to spend as much time with. I want to LIVE to see my children grow, get married, have babies of their own. If I don't start changing now, the chances are, I won't be around to see those things.


Smaller, but still significant things that motivate me ...

Shopping. I don't remember the last time I went shopping and actually ENJOYED it. Probably never. I hate that I have to go to a certain store. I want to be able to walk into ANY store and wear the clothes that I want, not that I have to. I want to be able  to wear a pair of shorts, or a bathing suit I love. That hasn't happened in years. To be honest, I don't think I've worn shorts since I was a child. I want to be able to run ... like, REALLY run. Around a track. Or on a treadmill. I want to FEEL good. I want to look in the mirror and love myself.

Well, there you have it.
That's my motivation.
What's yours?

Caitie
-xo-

No comments:

Post a Comment