Friday 2 May 2014

One Step At a Time

I can't believe it's been three months since I last blogged. Life is busy! My son turned 1, my daughter turned 3, lots of family get togethers, and of course, lots of cakes!

When I started this blog, my goal was to be down 100lbs by my sons' 1st birthday. Ya, so that didn't happen. At ALL. I honestly think I expected way too much of myself. When I wanted to concentrate on eating healthy and exercising, I was concentrating on being a newly single Mom of 2, moving into a new house, and starting a new life.

I can finally say that I am ready. My head is in the game. I know how to balance everything now. I am down 30lbs from my starting weight last year. I feel GREAT.

For the last 4 days I have been doing Jillian Michaels DVD Extreme Shed & Shred. My god, does that woman ever kick your ass. I started sweating during the warm up! Sad, eh? I push myself as hard as I can, but when my body tells me to stop, I listen. I haven't been able to finish the full 60 mins of the DVD yet, but each day I get further. Day 1 I only lasted about 25 mins, and yesterday I made it through 45 minutes before I stopped. Today I WILL finish the entire thing. Little by little I am working towards my Ultimate Goal (which, by the way, is still losing 100lbs). Even after 4 days, I feel stronger. I am achieving the little goals I set for myself week after week. Instead of looking at the big picture and constantly getting set back because it seems so far away and so unattainable, i am instead making small achievable goals, which i am happy to report i am CRUSHING.

My current goal is to lose 30lbs in 3 months - my girl friend is getting married, and I want to buy a pretty new dress and shoes and feel FABULOUS!

So, I guess the message I want to get across to those that are on this journey as well, is don't let small set backs keep you from attaining your dreams. Don't get discouraged because you didn't lose enough weight in a week, or in a month, that you would've liked. You can do this. You can achieve anything you put your mind to. I know it, because I finally realize it.

Keep crushing those goals. Stay positive.

Happy Friday!

Caitie xo

3 comments:

  1. I sweat during the warm ups too! I tried to do one of her 45 minute work outs (no more trouble zones) and I made it a little past 30 but I couldn't work out for days after! So much pain!

    ReplyDelete